18 Jan Fundraising 101
Fundraising helps, whether non-profit organizations, charities, religious groups, political campaigns, or disease awareness. However, some people fluster and overwhelm themselves with where to start or how to organize such events. We are here to help offer advice or help host events. Consider the following eight tips when organizing and fundraising for an event:
- To begin, pick a cause close to heart. Whether volunteering or working for a specific charity organization, choosing an association that’s personally affecting propels your drive to fundraise and makes a world of difference.
- Fully and explicitly write out the purpose and mission of the event and the ultimate goal sought to accomplish. Literally write this on paper, and distribute it to everyone involved. Write the event’s mission on white boards, Facebook Group walls, etc. This helps to destroy ulterior motives or pushes to go a different direction.
- Coordinate volunteers who are interested in the same non-profit or who believe in the same mission. Use family, friends, and acquaintances who show concern about the same association to help organize and arrange an event.
- Talk about money issues openly and honestly with the event’s main committee. Set a fundraising goal and a realistic budget (include a little wiggle room for unexpected costs). There needs to be an organized way to track revenue from ticket sales, VIP ticket sales, silent/live auctions, monetary donations, contributions of physical items, etc.
- Stay local, but think globally. A community may provide the best support, whether a big city or a small town. Aim to seek mass, nationwide recognition for your cause, but keep in mind that local resources personalize and unify a group of people.
- Don’t forget to reach out to large organizations! National charities and non-profits (i.e., Breast Cancer Charities of America, Autism Speaks, etc.), may offer their existing support team and resources, such as existing printed products, guidelines, social media networking blasts etc.
- Events are an ideal platform for recognition, publicity, networking, raising money, and more. Provide an additional incentive to attract even more attendees and honorary guests. Whether it is food and lavations, talent performances, celebrity guest appearances, free gift bags, gift giveaways, or silent auctions, incentives help to draw wide attention to events and increase interaction between those who donate and participate.
- The more the merrier! In order to increase supporters and participation, advertise to your targeted audience for the event. Flyers, invitations, website, billboards, and mass mailers all aid in marketing. Seek local businesses to help display flyers, spread the word about special causes, rally donations, or simply inform residents of the organizations within a community.
Fundraising and donations can benefit any organization by providing more resources, which creates more opportunities to pour funds into the ultimate purpose and mission of the event. Ensure the fundraiser you wish to plan enhances the cause of choice, and start towards making a difference today. Remember to stay organized, breathe deeply, and that if you run into any problems along the way, our team at Global is more than happy to lend a helping hand.
Are you having issues with fundraising your event, or don’t know what your next step is? Let Global take the lead.Call us today for a free event consultation.
For press and for more information about GCS, contact Pedram Doustkam, “Peter Doust,” by calling (818) 344-4884. Global Creative Studios’ website is http://www.globalcreativestudios.com and address is 19634 Ventura Blvd. #115, Tarzana, CA 91356.